An atheist speaks out.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Recurring Dream

I have had this particular dream at least three times now, which, I believe, qualifies it as a recurring dream. In these dreams, I find myself looking at myself, although I don't think it was ever in a mirror. It was always like an out of body experience.

When I look at my face, I am pleasantly surprised to find that I have a respectable amount of facial hair, in all the appropriate places. In real life, I have a barren patch of face on each side, right where a mustache, goatee, and sideburns would connect, leaving me in the awkward position of being able to grow any three of the aforementioned face coverings, but not being able to put them together.

In these dreams I don't have a fantastic beard, but there is something, and every time I think, "Wow! This is great, I actually have a full face of hair! If I let it grow in a little more, it might look really good." I comforts me to know that even in my dreams I am reasonable.

Anyway, these are truly great dreams, for I am afraid I may never be able to connect my facial hair into a full beard. Waking is the nightmare. The last time I had this dream, which was a couple nights ago, I didn't realize it was a dream until I had been awake for several minutes, and I wandered into the bathroom to take a leak, only to glance at my bald face in the mirror.

"They" say that it will help facial hair to grow if you shave a lot, so I have been trying to shave every day, whether it looks like I need it or not. I am tempted to try Rogaine on my face, but I hesitate for fear that I will end up looking like Michael J. Fox in that movie he did, you know, Back to the Future....no wait, wrong flick.

If anyone has suggestions about how I might increase my facial hair growth, I am very interested in hearing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home