An atheist speaks out.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday

This weekend almost everyone went home for Easter...I of course stayed here.

I find it very hard to believe that so many people, over 2 billion worldwide, believe that there was a guy who, 2000 years ago, was crucified by the Romans, was entombed, and then rose from the dead a few days later. My problem is not so much that people believe this story even though it is obviously mythology or allegory, but that they believe this while the other 4 billion people in the world don't.

There is a lack of retrospection that I find unsettling. Many Christians would look at the Hindus who worship many different deities and criticize them, or at least express the same feeling of non-understanding that I am expressing. Turn the tables, and Christians would find these Hindus wondering why the Christians fail to acknowledge the rest of the deities.

It just seems weird to me that so many different religions with different ideas about life and death can coexist in an age of fast and easy worldwide communications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home